Wednesday, July 17, 2013



In the twenty-some years of my life, I have come across people who think they know everything about this life that we live.They think they got it all under control. Who knows? Maybe they really do have everything well under control. Well, I dont necessarily have a problem with that. But they come mano a mano with an angry bull when they try to force their perspective on me. Hey, you can be as opinionated as you want for all I care, I woudn't give a fiddler's fart.Unless I specifically ask you for advice, keep it to yourself, PLEASE. If I want it, I will call you, text you, facebook you, whatever it takes to get in touch with you. But don't be searching for me everywhere and pulling me out of my hiding place just to tell me some bull crap that I don't really care about. Dont be forcing your opinion on me.

Second, I have some friends who feel like just because they are my friends, they have the license to order me around. Er...ok. Go ahead. Knock yourself out. But when you call me next time I swear on the very oxygen I breathe, I will watch that phone ring, or when I have the energy, pick it up and silence it, or worse still when I'm in a very bad mood, slide that ignore button. Well, what the hell ' you gon do about it? As for your texts, I will not respond to them, and as for you asking me to hang out, I will make other plans for the next century, meaning I will never squeeze time to accomodate you; would rather sleep.

Third, don't act like you know me so well. You might know my skin color, the length of my hair, or my second name, maybe even my shoe size, but dont freaking act like you're my guardian angel who even knows when I sneeze or fart. Bottom line is, you don't know me, and prolly never will. Fool, it has taken me over twenty years to learn about myself, and I'm still getting to know myself better. I aint got that kind of time to stick around you until you can flaunt it in my face that you know me. Consciously speaking, you dont.  So just shut up already.

Fourth, dont judge me just coz I sin differently from you. Who do you think you are? As Sarah Barreilles would say, who died and made you king of anything? Riiight...Nobody.


No comments:

Post a Comment